Bridekirk Parish Council
Appletree House, Allerby, Cumbria, CA7 2NL
Minutes of the meeting of Bridekirk Parish
Council held on Thursday 10th October 2019
Present: Mr S Dumbill (Chair); Mr R Stenson; Mr W
Nixon ; Mr MD Hodgson; Mr M Buckley;Mr M Rollison; Mr F Armstrong; Mr B Crosby;
Cllr J Farebrother; Ms D Cosgrove (Clerk)
1.8.19 Apologies for absence received from, Mr R
2.8.19 The minutes of the meetings held on
Thursday 12th September 2109 were signed as a true record.
3.8.19 No declarations of interest were made
4.8.19 No members of the public were present
5.8.19 Accounts for payment approved:
- Clerks quarterly salary to October - £400
- HMRC - £100
- It was resolved to leave the precept unchanged
for the financial year 2020/2021. Clerk to do submission when paperwork
received from Allerdale Borough Council
6.8.19 Reports from outside bodies
- Nobody present from CCC - No response from
either Cllr Graham, or the Leader of the County Council, clerk to contact
- Cumbria Constabulary, previously circulated
the report, it was noted that it again contained no information relating to
- Allerdale BC - Cllr Cockburn was not present,
no report received from her.
- Cllr Farebrother reminded the Parish
Councillors that if they want her to do anything that they can either ask
during the meetings, or get in touch in the interim. Request made to look
into the noise levels from M Sport. It was asked why the track is being used
for testing despite the buildings that were to form part of the noise
reduction system, not being yet built. Operational days, what number was
agreed? There is a concern that this is causing noise disruption to the
children in the Bridekirk School.
7.8.19 Planning Applications -
- There were no planning applications received
during this period.
8.8.19 - Clerks report - Items reported under
appropriate minute for easy access where appropriate
- Clerk has made contact with BT with reference
to potential purchase of the telephone kiosk in Tallentire so that the
defibrillator can be relocated there.
- Neighbourhood Planning document circulated.
- Objection submitted to Allerdale Planning
department for the removal of the telephone kiosk, see item 1 in report.
- Made contact with Cllr Stuar Graham re non
attendance of the CCC representative.
- Wrote to Mr R Coy and Cllr Cockburn re
defibrillator pads and batteries that require renewal.
- Made contact with Mr Mullen re tree growth
through the walls from M Sport side into the beck at Dovenby
- Wrote to the Broughton Parish Clerk re
Neighbourhood Planning proposals.
- Wrote to Mr B Crosby regarding co-option onto
the Parish Council
9.8.19 Flooding updates
- An update was provided by the representative
from the WCRT as below:
- The current funding has now come to an end,
the work completed includes pond enlargement, leaky dams, tree planting etc.
- Next steps will be maintenance of structures,
maintenance of the beck and seeking further funding through Local Levy
Funding (Slow the Flow) and Tallentire Wind Farm Funding. If successful it
was resolved that the Parish Council should hold the funds on behalf of WCRT
- Total project cost to date has been £22k
10.8.19 - Parish Maintenance -
- Trees - These were cut back and will be
11.8.19 M Sport
- Cllr Fairburn is going to speak to Allerdale
BC for further updates on the noise from the site.
12.8.19 Proposed Defibrillator for Dovenby
- No update for this meeting. Mr Hodgson will
look for possible suitable locations for the siting of a new defibrillator.
13.8.19 - Cumbria Community Foundation
- Mr Stenson has now submitted his application
to replace Mr McCambridge
14.8.19 Joint Parish Meetings/Neighbourhood Plan
- Discussion was had around the potential for
moving forward on the Neighbourhood Plan, but it was felt that to date there
is insufficient information for a decision to be taken, however there is an
appetite to progress this and a request is to be made to Julie Ward of
Allerdale BC to see if she will attend a future meeting of the Parish
Council to discuss benefits.
15.8.19 Noted date and time of next meeting :
Thursday 14th November 2019 7.30pm Bridekirk Dovenby School.