Bridekirk Parish Council
Appletree House, Allerby, Cumbria, CA7 2NL
Minutes of the meeting of Bridekirk Parish
Council held on Thursday 12th March 2020
Present: Mr R Stenson (Chair); Mr R Coy: Mr W.
Nixon; Mr B Crosby; Cllr J Farebrother;
1.3.20 Apologies for absence received from,; Mr
S. Dumbill; Mr M Rollison; Mr D. Hodgson; Ms D Cosgrove (Clerk) & Mr F
2.3.20 The minutes of the meetings held on
Thursday 13th February 2020 were signed as a true record.
3.3.20 There were no declarations of interest in
matters on the agenda.
4.3.20 There were no members of the public
present at the meeting.
5.3. 20 Accounts approved for payment
- Windows annual subscription £59.99 (actual
payment held over until the cheque book is available)
6.3.20 Reports from outside bodies
- Nobody present from CCC
- Cumbria Constabulary - nobody present
- Allerdale BC - Planning meeting to hear Msport
discharge of condition 6 did not convene (reason not known).
- Climate change group charged to produce report
for measures to implement a reduction in carbon footprint from the BC
themselves by June 2020.
- Work on the Bitterbeck car park at Cockermouth
town hall continues.
7.3.20 Planning Applications -
- Cllr JF advised new on the Allerdale planning
portal were 3 houses at Bonneyhill house, Bridekirk. Ref FUL/2020/0057. RS
to check if these are a new application or amendments to the existing
allowed one .
8.3.20 Clerks report - Items here were prior
reported in writing, not heard but included after the meeting for record
- Simon Sharp Allerdale Planning Officer is to
attend the next meeting in May
- Potholes have continued to be reported to
- Agreement requested from the Cumbria Community
Foundation remains outstanding.
- Jackson Hetherington has been requested to
ensure the grass beside Rook Farm Close is cut.
- No news from Simon re any progress to remove
cones from the Coach Road
9.3.20 Flooding updates
- Tallentire - work was completed to back
filling of the drainage trench in the gardens of residents. Restoration of
the garden surfaces to their original condition is required.
No report from Dovenby.
10.3.20 - Parish Maintenance -
Potholes -continue to be reported (Clerks report
- Old Bus Shelter - Advised in email from DH
that the owner of the bus shelter land was offering the ground area for sale
at £1000. DH requested a pc vote for its acceptance or refusal. DH stated
he was against and also advised that an alternative option was available to
enable passage for access to the proposed pedestrian safety walkway. On this
basis a vote was taken and unanimously carried to refuse the offer.
11.3.20 M Sport
- Disappointment was expressed that no meeting
had taken place with Allerdale and Msport about the discharging of condition
6. It was considered likely that this will become under discussion at the
May PC meeting which Simon Sharp is to attend.
12.4.20 Proposed Defibrillator for Dovenby
- The proposal for a defib was submitted to the
CCF just prior to the 29/02.20 cut off date.
13.2.20 Cumbria Community Foundation
- Since there was only the defib proposal from
Dovenby on the agenda the meeting scheduled for 11th March was cancelled.
Instead the details supplied were distributed to all members of the panel.
It was confirmed (email 11/03/20) that the panel had accepted the Dovenby
proposal for the defib and it will go the West Cumbria grants panel for
- Next proposal for the CCF is for a safety
walkway footway adjacent to the Dovenby A594 road bridge over the beck at
The Ship Inn. Delays reported with obtaining estimates from contractors.
- A copy of the original CCF agreement has now
been obtained from Ian McCambridge.
14.3.20 Joint Parish Meetings - No update but a
Broughton meeting was advised by JF for the 26th March to review Neighbourhood
Debbie can you check this out with Becx Carter
and advise if Bridekirk are to attend?
15.3.20 Noted date and time of next meeting :
Thursday 14th May 2020 7.15pm Bridekirk Dovenby School.
Please note this is an Annual Parish Meeting to
be followed by the Parish Council Meeting.